Archive for the ‘Validation’ Category
Are you up for making a difference today? Just take a look around you, and find an opportunity to compliment or thank someone for good service or a great attitude. For instance, from a cashier’s point of view this is likely to be the only difference between you and the hundreds of people both before and after you in line today. Have You Validated Anyone Today?
Everyone, no matter what profession, age, or sex cares to a certain extent what they look like. This is human nature and something worth validating. Whether it’s as simple as a shirt, a pair of shoes or even a new hair cut people appreciate knowing some one noticed them. The next time you see some one you know, and you see something that they’ve done makes them look nice or unique, give a compliment. After all, we have a lot of time and money invested in the way we look, it’s nice to know the investment’s paying off.
Try this quiz:
- Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
- Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
- Name the last five winners of the Miss America contest.
- Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
- Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor actress.
- Name the last decade’s worth of World Series winners.
How did you do?
The point is that none of us remember the headliners of yesterday. These are no second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields. But the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Here’s another quiz. See how you do on this one:
- List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
- Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
- Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
- Think of a few people who have made you feel, appreciated and special.
- Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
- Name half a dozen heroes whose stories have inspired you.
The people who have made a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They’re the ones that care. Now take a second look at that second part of the quiz. Reach out to those people and validate them before it’s too late!